ATTENTION!! ALL CHORUSES, INCLUDING MIXED AND FEMALE CHORUSES!
Once again this year, we are looking forward to a very exciting Spring Contest and Convention! Please join everyone at the BV Theater on the UTSA Downtown Campus May 3-5, 2019 for the convention and contest.
Chorus Finals will take place Saturday May 4, 2019 beginning @ 9:45 AM. Chorus evaluations will follow immediately after the Chorus contest.
Let us know, do it now!!!
To help us complete contest preparations, we need to know how many choruses are planning to compete as soon as possible. Please reply to email@example.com (Do it NOW!!), include your Chorus name and advise the following:
- We are planning to enter the contest
- We are not sure if we will compete
- We are not planning to compete in 2019
Note: Your reply does NOT enter you in the contest (and is not binding!), but it helps us immensely to finalize our planning!
Specifically for Choruses, you have the opportunity to enter the following contests (previously called “SubSessions”):
- SWD Small Chorus Championship (Male Choruses only)
- SWD Fall District Qualifier (Male Choruses only)
- Audience Choice Entertainment Award (open to ALL choruses, Female, Male or Mixed, provided they are BHS chapters).
- Mixed and Female BHS choruses may enter “Scores for Evaluation”
More information on the Audience Choice Entertainment Award.
If your male chorus is planning to compete, then your female members may join you for your non-contest song. The rules require choruses competing in either Small Chorus or District Qualifier or both to perform 2 contestable songs and to also perform at least 1 additional song, with your total performance time not to exceed 12 minutes.
Contact Randy Rensi
SWD Director, Contest and Judging
Join us in San Antonio for the Spring Convention, May 3-5, 2019!