Director of Chorus Director Development has now been combined with Vice President of Music & Performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promotes administers, and recruits participants for the Chorus Director Workshop (CDW), chorus director certification, and chorus director training programs in the SWD, and reports on and publicizes accomplishments of participants
- Recruits and develops a SWD faculty for chorus director training and maintains and disseminates chorus director training materials within the district
- Recruits CDW trainers for certification
- Communicates, promotes, and coordinates all functions of chorus director recruitment and development programs in the SWD, including promotion of the program and its materials to non-Society musicians in the district
- Maintains records on the CDW, chorus director certification, and chorus director development programs in the SWD and recommends the certification of chorus directors from the SWD, when appropriate
- Liaison to the Society Chorus Director Development Committee and communicates and coordinates its policies within the SWD
- Develops an effective chorus director guild in the district and chairs its meetings
- Coordinates with the District Director for Music and Performance all visits of Society music representatives to the district, to ensure adequate attention to the district’s CDD programs.
- Participate in training carried out by the Society Chorus Director Development Committee
- Reports as directed to the district president and Society Chorus Director Development Committee on progress toward achieving Society and district work plans
- Develops an annual work plan that describes observable and measurable outcomes for how to accomplish these assigned duties and responsibilities.